Well, this was an interesting week. I was to work 6 eight hour days starting last saturday and somehow i ended up working 64 hours in six days rather than the 48 i was scheduled. I was only planning to pick up 8 extra hours but then the white out happened. Now, all staff were locked in at the hospital until further notice. Somehow our night staff managed to make it to work and we were given notice that as long as our ward was staffed appropriately other staff could go home. Of course there was the dilemma of day staff getting to work the next morning. Most had called in already to say there was no way they'd be able to make it so, being the nice person that i am, i offered to stay for a 12.
Good thing i like my job and the people i work with or there may have been some damage done to things or people. There were moments when i wanted to scream for every one to shut up, other nurses that is. Nothing like a crisis to bring out the true nature of people. I'm rather a laid back person and roll with the punches. There are others who can make mountains out of a grain of sand. Oh well, what can you do!
So, i managed to survive, with a cold and all. Today i managed to sleep most of the day away. This was after being awoke by the phone 2 times to see if i would be able to work today (one for cardiiology and one for peds). I'm expecting a call tomorrow morning as well. Being the selfish person that i am i am not going to go in tomorrow either.
Well, nothing really exciting in this life of mine. Too much work, i guess. Hope all is well out there. Later.
2 comments:
Jackie! You have a blog!! Nice. I'll be dropping by to check on you :-) Hope you were able to get rested. You looked a little tired when we saw you. Take care of you!! too.
I also just found out you have a blog! How did I miss that?
I'm excited for you that you have your permanent position!
Post a Comment