Monday, March 30, 2009

DANCE

This blog is long overdue. It has been forever, it seems. I have started writing a new one several times but either I don't finish it or if I do I don't post it. I don't really like talking about myself so that makes it difficult. O well.

Another reason this post is long overdue is because I really need to thank family and friends for everything you have done for me over the past weeks. Your prayers, well wishes and acts of kindness have not gone unnoticed. I am not going to start listing names because I am sure to forget someone but you know who you are. I just want everyone to know how much I appreciate what they have done. It has been said that in the hard times you learn who your real friends are. Lets just say that I have way more friends than I ever thought I had. It was amazing and encouraging to see who came out of the woodwork.



I'm not sure what the future holds. I am hoping that things will return to close to normal for me. No one is really sure at what is the cause of all this trouble at the moment. My only prayer is that we can get the pain controlled, that I can once again walk somewhat normally and that, in the least, this process is a slow degenerative process if it can't be stopped. God knows and that is all that really matters. I trust He knows what He is doing with my life. He has got me this far.


Life has a way of throwing us curve balls. Some of us more than others. We just have to learn how to swing with them, I guess. It appears that everytime I make plans to fly somewhere I end up getting sick...and not just stuffy head, fever sick but more like in hospital sick (some would say close to death sick but I wouldn't go that far). This has lead me to thinking. No more planning to fly. I will continue to fly, just not PLAN to fly. I will wake up in the morning and if I'm feeling fine and want to go somewhere...I will fly away!! I won't have time to get sick...haha. This may be more expensive but hey, whatever. So, if you ever are trying to reach me and can't, consider this...I may be in some far off place!!

Everyone knows I like quotes. I bought a plaque at Christmas time. It says...Move to life's music it's a beautiful dance. A friend of mine says he disagrees, that that isn't always true. I had to disagree with him. The way I look at it is this...sometimes the music really sucks BUT we have to continue to dance, to move to the music and, in the end, when it's all said and done, the dance we did will be amazing.

There will be times when the dance will not be the best it could be, where the steps were difficult and the music just really wasn't all that helpful but, continue to dance, my friends. It will be beautiful!!



3 comments:

Heather said...

love the post - I will continue to dance!! :-)

My fav quote lately has been "Don't get your knickers in a knot - it doesn't solve anything - it only makes you walk funny" Maybe it shoud dbe only makes you dance funny LOL

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adele said...

You are in my prayers!!