Friday, January 30, 2009

100 Things About ME

So, I decided to do the 100 things about me, mainly cause I'm bored. I don't really know why I'm doing it. I don't think very many people read this thing but o well, it will help pass my time. Don't worry, I won't write 100 things all tonight. That might put you to sleep!!
1) My real name is Jacklyn Price. No, I don't have a middle name. Some friends of mine decided I needed one so I became Jackie Gorge. It has kinda stuck ever since.
2) Other names I get called are: Jackie, Jack, Jax, Jackster.
3) I really hate the side effects of oral antibiotics. They kill my gut, keep me running and make me not want to eat anything. I don't usually stray to far from the toilet during this time.
4) I often eat and make my meals in "rounds". I'll make my meat and eat it, then my vegetables then my starch...not necessarily in that order, unless I make a stir fry or something similar, then I eat it at the same time. I think it may come from being indecisive and not knowing what I really want to eat but I know I need to eat something from every food group.
5) I am super excited about my trip to Ottawa in March. I will be going out there for a week to visit Joy and Andy...and sight see. I am also taking a trip with another friend in fall sometime. I am also super excited about that too!!
6) I am a procrastinator at heart. I wish I wasn't, but I am.
7) I really don't like doing laundry. I don't mind putting them in the washer and into the dryer but I REALLY dislike folding them so often they sit in the basket until I need them and sometimes I have to throw them in the dryer again because they are so wrinkled.
8) I love to travel and hope to be able to do more of that in the future. Two places at the top of my list are Ireland and anywhere in Africa!!
9) I love my bedroom furniture and my entertainment center. It makes me smile. I sometimes feel guilty (ever so briefly) for feeling that way but I know that if I had to part with it I could.
10) I just finished reading a book. Yep, a whole book. I don't think I've done that since university. University kind of burnt me out, especially from reading.
11) I think God has a sense of humour. He must laugh at His children often and sometimes I get a feeling He is thumbing His nose at me in a very kind and loving way...as only good friends can.
12) Did I mention I hate antibiotics...lol!!
13) I really miss Guatemala. My heart longs to be there. I am being patient, or so I think I am. I can't really explain it and I don't expect anyone to understand. I don't really understand it so how would anyone else.
14) People laugh at me because I talk about my body as its own entity. I believe it is. It doesn't listen to me and does weird unexplainable things to me. Maybe if I was "one with my body" it would treat me better. Probably not...LOL.
15) I love journals, stationary and the such. I can look at it for hours and not buy anything. If I do buy something I usually give it away. If I keep it for myself I don't usually end up using it 'cause it's too pretty...lol. It makes good gifts, though, so, whatever. It's all good.
16) I also love quotes, inspirational, humourous or otherwise. So, I will leave you with this thought:
The greatest thing is to be willing to give up who we are in order to become all that we can become!!


2 comments:

Monica said...

Just letting you know that you have atleast 1 reader! And my laundry makes it to the couch, folded, it's the putting away I hate.

Robin said...

I love stationery too. I like the note book you gave me for Christmas, it's pretty.

Write more. I am so winning.