Sunday, April 06, 2008

THANKFUL

I just want to say how thankful I am for family and friends. Your support has been overwhelming once again. I can not begin to explain what that means to me. A friend told me tonight that she thought I wasn't telling many people about this trip. I guess I wasn't sure of how people would take to it all with everything else that is going on. I was very wrong!! I have been humbled and overwhelmed with the support.

I sometimes feel that my health is the thorn in my side. It is one of the things in my life that humbles me (ask me and I can tell you many humbling stories!!) and that keeps me crying out continually to the one who has fashioned me this way. At a young age I decided that my health was not going to stop me from doing the things in life that I wanted to do, things that I was passionate about. (Fear or good judgment might but not my health!!) I know and feel that God is once again using my situation for HIS purpose.

I know some are hesitant of me going back to Guatemala and I understand their hesitancy. I know I don't have to explain myself but feel that it fits well with Bob's lesson on commitment and vows from Nehemiah today. When I decided to go to Guatemala for the third time it was only after much prayer and consideration. I know that it is a passion for me but I also want to do God's will for my life. When I felt like God was giving me the okay to go then I made my commitment to Him and to the team. Commitment of time (I take holiday time from work), commitment of money and commitment of self...physically, mentally and spiritually , (am I willing to be challenged...cause there is SOO much personal growth and learning in these experiences, I'm never ready for it but am I willing?) I know I have health problems but my health problems will exist no matter if I am here or in Guatemala. I made that commitment when I was feeling well. God knew what was yet to come my way before I left. He gave me peace about that decision. I'm trusting that my God will take care of me, that His name will be honoured and that no matter what happens, it is for the betterment of His kingdom. I know He is with me no matter where I am in this world.

I am not on the plane until bright and early Friday morning (Okay, it'll be early but not so bright yet.) I am willing to stay if that is what I feel He is telling me. Please continue to pray!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie, I hope everything goes well in Guatemala. Enjoy yourself, help lots of people, and please keep healthy. Come back with lots of pictures and stories and the desire for more.

Joyce

Anonymous said...

Well put Joyce! I'm excited for you Jackie! Well written post. I've heard the very long version of that before, but you explained yourself so well in this one. Proud of you!

Maxine said...

Jackie, I love it that you "live large"! Your really are an inspiration and God uses you to motivate others to release petty excuses and do what can be done. Good for you. I'm God blessed you to be able to make the trip and be a big blessing to others. We're so glad to have got to know you through our girls. Love you!