Saturday, January 12, 2008

Random Thoughts

Well, I thought I should blog but I don't really know what to blog about. I think that is part of my problem with blogging...I always have so much going on in this mind of mine that I find it hard to focus it down to just one thing so I decided I would just blog about some of the random thinking...

Why are nurses responsible for everything that goes on in the hospital. I had been at work for an hour yesterday and THREE parents/caregivers came out and made it very clear about things that they were not happy about. I'm sorry that those things happened but they were totally out of our control. By the end of my shift I decided that some times you
're the pigeon and some times you're the statue and yesterday we were definitely the statue (we were crapped on a lot!!)

I am thankful for good friends. I spent the day with a good friend today then came home and talked on the phone with another for over 2 hours!! These friends are both friends that I can do and/or say anything with. I can not care, I can vent, I can laugh or cry, I can be me. They understand me and know where I am coming from. They listen. They think I'm weird but they like me for it (i think, lol). They are wonderful friends and I think I'll keep them around.

I really had a good time at home this Christmas. I had enough time off to go home f
or a few more days. This meant we could have some down time and just hang out and visit with family and friends. There was time to do about half the things (maybe) we wanted to do. We ate too much, played games and just had a really good time.

I wonder if other people have total one sided conversations with themselves...or is it just me. I think it comes from living on my own. It all just carries on nicely in my head. I don't necessarily answer myself but it's more just like one big run-on thought. Is this bad? Maybe this is why I don't have many friends...I don't need them...I just converse with myself...much easier this way...just kidding I do have friends (I think).

I hate fat days. I really do. And the worst thing about it is I can't even talk about
it. As soon as i mention it people bite my head off. I didn't say I was fat or that I even thought I was fat. I said I am having a fat day...meaning I am feeling larger than previous days... usually meaning the shirt i want to wear isn't quite fitting how it should or how it usually does. I do have fat days okay!!

I wonder what this year is going to bring for me. Will I be brave enough to do the things I want to? Will I make new friends, try new things, see new places? Will it be a year of new beginnings? (It's the year of the rat, you know, which signifies hard work and new beginnings, so I've been told.) Will this be a good year full of good times and good memories or a year filled with hardship and challenges? I am really hoping for the good year but we don't always get what we want do we?!!

Well, that's about it for now. And just in case anyone is wondering I am planning to go to Guatemala in April!! I missed my opportunity to go in February but I trust that God knows what He is doing when He closed that door. Please pray for me...heaven knows I nee
d it!!

At home this Christmas it was like a winter wonderland. Very beautiful!!

<-Playing games at Christmas time


2 comments:

Robin said...

I have conversations with myself. Maybe it has something to do with living alone. I will talk to myself as if I was talking to Joyce and Diane. They don't answer, but I know what they would say, so it's not entirely a one-sided conversation as I can fill in their part.

I'm glad you're going to Guatemala again. Have fun. It's a good start to the year.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that we've managed to spend more time together recently. Sometimes life gets too crazy to do the things we really want to do. Let me know your schedule so we can go on a road trip!

I talk to myself and I don't live alone. The only advantage now is that I can talk out loud all day at home to Josiah, which right now is basically like talking to myself! I'll enjoy the time before he talks back!