I didn't really know what to title this entry but thought that the title would at least get people's attention. I guess I could of called it "New Years Resolution " but I don't make new years resolutions... for 2 reasons...I can make changes at any time in my life, why wait for a new year, and...I have yet to meet anyone who has actually succeeded at keeping a resolution made at the new year. Maybe I'm just scared of failure.. who knows.
Anyway...
My confession is this...Over the years I have written many notes, cards, letters and words of encouragement to many people in my life...people I have known very well and are great friends as well as people that I have crossed paths with briefly in my life. Right now you're thinking "and the problem is??" Well the problem is... that they hardly ever get sent. They sit on my desk or cupboard or in a drawer or are carried around in a bag or purse until i finally resort to throwing them out. My garbage has seen many cards and notes come its way. I'm not 100 percent sure as to why I don't end up giving them to the people they are intended for. I have a few thoughts behind it all but i will not bore with the details. So, my resolution is that I will work on actually sending people these cards, notes and words of encouragement. Writing them is not the problem...it is the sending, as you can see.
I don't really know why I have decided that this is important. I guess it is because I know that when I hear kind words, when I get a note of encouragement, even a card just saying hi it, at the least, makes me smile. I figure if I can make someone smile, even briefly, about a situation, in the midst of chaos, or whatever, then why not!!
I received something from someone the other day. It made me smile. It reminded me of the many promises and blessings of God. She didn't write anything herself but she thought I would like it. Sometimes that is all it takes.
It all seems so simple...
So, I have already sent one. It only sat on my cupboard one day and then I took it to work and put in the mailbox of the person it was intended for. I did have a whole conversation with my self about it all (see previous blog entry about conversing with self).but decided that this is what I decided I needed to work on over the next year and that I was going to improve in this area and I was NOT going to FAIL.
(I know, I Know, it really does sound like a new years resolution, but it isn't!!)
Anyway, I may continue to have a very happy and encouraged garbage...but hopefully not. Hopefully I will be able to encourage the many people in this blessed life of mine.
2 comments:
I always thought you did a great job of giving encouraging notes. Maybe if you send them all you will be exceptional at it, but I have always appreciated how good you are at encouraging and building people up.
My encouragement to you Jackie is to keep on being an encouragement to others.
Post a Comment