So, I figured I should blog again. Life has been busy but I can't really tell you what I have been doing. March is going to be even busier and then April is here...when I return to Guatemala (if all goes as planned). I guess it is a good way to say good bye to my 20's and hello to the big three-o!! Yep, thirty. I'm quite alright with it. I've had a whole year to get use to the idea that I will be thirty and not fit into society's mold of what that means. Not that that means much...I have never fit into the mold society puts on people so why should this be any different. I decided that this year was going to be a year filled with a lot of fun and adventure. I got an early start on that...a prequel to my thirtieth year, I guess.
Life is as you make it. I never thought myself much of an optimist but I guess I am (as has been pointed out to me by a friend). How you view life affects how you deal with things. I think you need to take what you've been given and make the most of it. Not to say that there won't be bumps in the road, that you won't go through grieving times, times where you'd rather just give up than go on. You take that much needed time then do what you got to do to use that as opportunity. Not that you necessarily need to move on, you just make the most of it. But I guess your experiences also shape how you view life. I try to be understanding of that but I know I could be more so. I often wonder if I could be around someone with a pessimistic view of life with out it getting to me?...Hmm...
Life is also what happens when we are busy making plans...and that can be good, bad or indifferent. We never know where life is going to take us. Sometimes things just come out of no where and cause us to reevaluate things in our lives, which is never a bad thing. But sometimes we are challenged in areas where we thought we knew exactly what we thought. And that is sometimes what causes the most problems. Anyway...Allison tells me I talk in riddles. Perhaps I do when I don't know how to say what I want. I was never good with words... expressing how I feel or what is on my mind. O well.
No comments:
Post a Comment