Monday, September 17, 2007

Thankful




This past weekend was a girl weekend. Leora and Heidi (her daughter) and Allison came and stayed at my place and we hung out and did what you do when you have girl weekends. That is not the purpose of this post, though.



As I was sitting here thinking about the weekend I realized how thankful I was for the place I have. There was lots of room for us to sit and watch a movie, we all fit around the kitchen table, there was room for Heidi to run in circles. We all had a place to sleep that was not on the floor. (I slept on the couch but it was very comfy and still, was not the floor.) There was even room for all of us to be in the kitchen at once as we cleaned up after supper. It was great!!...For all of this I am thankful.

But most of all, I am thankful I have friends and family that I can share this with. People who have been my friends forever...as long as I can remember, some who have been my friends for a shorter time and some who are new friends. They all bring something different to this life of mine. For them I am very thankful!!



I know you all can't come and enjoy my new place with me so I am posting some pics. It's easier than trying to describe them. Not all my furniture is here yet (but we won't talk about that right now) so the walls are looking pretty bare and I haven't put out a lot of those little things that add that personal touch. But, it will all come together eventually.

1 comment:

Maxine said...

Lookin' good, Jackie. I hope you will be comfortable in your new place. Hope you keep well so you can be heading to Guatemala again. It sounds like you have found something you really love to be involved in!