Well, I guess I should update this thing. Not that there is anything to really update but what ever.
I went to Moose Jaw with some friends on the weekend. Monica,Melissa,Joyce and I took Diane to the spa to celebrate her finishing school. The babies also came and I think they enjoyed the water the most. It totally played them out which meant moms could enjoy the evening as well. We had much fun and laughed so hard our sides hurt.(that may of also been from the amount of food we ate!!) It is also amazing what becomes funny when a person is tired. It was a good time had by all and a much needed get away for jackie and everyone involved!!
After a wonderful weekend reality hit Monday morning again. Back to work I go. I have decided that I thoroughly enjoy my job. Even on those crazy days when you do not even have time to think about what you need to think about I come home and still like my job. Thank goodness that this week was slower than the last one, though,as last week was madness and even if you love what you do you still get exhausted.
I must say that it is hard, at times, not to get attached to some of our kids that visit us often. Not only are they cute but you help them and their families through some of the most difficult times and it can be hard. I love the fact that there is so much to learn, so many things I have not yet seen. There is always something new.
I have passed my probation period, not that I was worried. They okayed me a few weeks early even. Makes me feel that I have learned something. I have also had some really good comments from people. It is good to hear what people think about me and the work I am doing as some days I really wonder. The staff have been very encouraging and I feel like I am actually making friends with the people there. My rotation will be changing on the 18th and this I am thankful for. I will be there less days but I am still full time. Hopefully this will allow me to have a bit of a life outside of work. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Well, that is about all for now. Not very exciting. I am still looking for a condo. Would love to buy a car as well. After renting one to go home for Christmas it has been in the back of my mind. I guess you can't do it all and since I am also trying to save money so I can go to far away places again I guess I will have to decide what is a priority for now.
I will end on that note. Maybe another day I will let you in on some of the adventures I would love to take. Hope everyone is doing well.
Later, Jackie
1 comment:
Can't beat having a job that you love! Not many people claim that one. Good luck with the condo search. I still have mixed feelings because we would love to keep you in our basement forever. Just don't think you can escape me completely!
Post a Comment