Friday, February 16, 2007

One Step Closer

Well, I'm one step closer to purchasing a condo. I went to a mortgage broker and was preapproved for a mortgage even larger than I expected. I found out I have excellent credit, which is nice to know and a good position to be in when you're planning to buy a house! I also found out that one of my student loans will be payed off this month. What a nice feeling. And that will free up some money for me. Just 2 left and one of those is almost finished as well. What a feeling of accomplishment
I must say this is all a little overwhelming at times. I do not know much about what goes on with purchasing a house and such. I've done a little bit of looking into things on my own but it is just all so over my head. Anyone could tell me almost anyting and I would believe them. Oh well, I guess you learn as you go and next time around should be easier (if there is a next time).
Now that I know where I am at with regards to money I feel iIcan start looking seriously now. I start my new rotation at work on Sunday so I will have more time to spend scoping out what is out there. Hopefully the process will go smoothly and not take too long. We will see.
Well, that's about all for now.
Later, Jackie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you!!!!!!!

Janet said...

Wow! SOunds like things are going wonderfully for you! You might want to check out Manulife One for a mortgage. It supposedly can take YEARS off your mortgage and save thousands in interest. I've just started with them, so I can't say for sure, but I've heard all good things so far from others. Just felt compelled to share that tidbit...