Monday, November 26, 2007

Is Screaming Beneficial?

So, i was just wondering...Is screaming beneficial? Has it been proven that screaming has benefits for us? I don't mean screaming cause our team just won the Grey Cup (Go Riders!!) or screaming AT someone. I mean just screaming out loud at nothing cause you are so frustrated or angry or whatever. I mean, if there are benefits from it why do I not do it when I feel the urge? (Not that I do other things that benefit me all the time but that's beside the point).

Well, I decided to google it. (yep, when all else fails...google it) It looks like screaming out loud for this reason actually releases stress and harms no one. Hmm, who knew. Not that it does anything for the situation you're wanting to scream about but hey, it makes you feel better!! They recommend that you be in a big open space with few people around. Probably a good idea if you don't want people to think you have totally lost it but how many of us actually have a wide open space just out our back door when we
really want to scream? Not I!!

They also suggest that you make a list of all the things you want to scream about then go find a place to go scream about them. Kinda funny cause i don't ever really realize i need to scream about something until i actually want to scream about it. I don't actually try to find things i should scream about. Maybe I need to start. Maybe t
hat will be my next outing. Anyone want to come scream with me??

Ha, anyways I guess I found the answer to my own question. Yes, screaming is beneficial. So, the next time i feel like I need to scream I'm just going to scream no matter if I'm in a wide open space or not.
Now the question is...Is screaming better than laughing cause you know they say Laughter is the best medicine!!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Sometimes I just want to scream too. Now that I know it's beneficial, maybe I will next time I feel the urge. Thanks for the teaching me something today Jackie.